Ethereum’s price hit a new all-time high (ATH) by mid-day Friday, hovering around $2,072 around 12 p.m. (EST). Today, Ethereum’s market capitalization represents 12.3% of the crypto economy’s total market value of $1.9 trillion. Meanwhile, the price of Ether jumped more than 6 percent and the crypto asset Bitcoin Cash jumped more than 8 percent and approached $600 apiece in afternoon trading.
Ethereum markets are shining
- While the price of bitcoin (BTC) is just under $60,000 each, a number of crypto assets are posting significant gains. Yesterday it was Dogecoin (DOGE) and Filecoin (FIL) that led the action, but today all eyes are on Ether (ETH) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
- Ethereum prices hit the ATH on Friday, reaching $2,072 per Ether, and the crypto asset managed to stay above the $2k handle. In the last seven days, ETH is up over 20%, and 165.03% in the last three months.
- Recently, billionaire investor Mark Cuban said that Ether (ETH) is the closest thing to a real currency. Smart contracts came and with them Defi and NFT. That changed the game, Kubin said in the interview.
- As of Friday afternoon, the top trading pairs with Ethereum (ETH) accounted for 48% of all trades, BTC (17.7%), USD (13.7%), BUSD (6.4%) and EUR (3.3%). The South Korean also won at 2. April 3.3% of its aviation activities.
Bitcoin Cash raises the bar
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is approaching the $600 per BCH region and is under a psychological shell at the time of publication. BCH is up 8.42% in 24 hours today and has gained 18.4% in the past week.
- BCN is up 4.87% against BTC today and 66.27% against the US dollar over the past 90 days. BTC has also seen a lot more confirmed trades per day lately, with 356,844, compared to 298,851 for BTC.
- Kim Dotcom has discussed the benefits of using Bitcoin Cash (BCH) at length, and recently broached the subject in the clubhouse with a number of BTC maximalists. I joined a club full of bitcoin maximizers, Dotcom tweeted on Thursday. I was called on stage and asked why I supported Bitcoin Cash. The value of my argument was so strong that the laser-eyed Bitcoin crowd wanted to burn it online, without success.
- Apart from ETH and BCH, FACE (80.21%), ISR (80.08%) and PRVS (71.38%) were the biggest winners on Friday. The biggest losers in the past 24 hours are Crypto (CPT) down 40.14%, PAID token down 39.54%, and Trust Chain (SPND) down 35.51%.
Want to see all crypto-currency market action in real time? Visit markets.Bitcoin.com today!
What do you think of the returns on the Ether and Bitcoin Cash markets today? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Tags in this story
BCH, bitcoin cash, bitcoin cash BCH, bitcoin cash prices, crypto assets, crypto markets, dogecoin, ETH, Ethereum, Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum prices, Filecoin, profits, Kim Dotcom, Mark Cuban, market updates, markets, markets and prices, traders
Photo credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons, markets.Bitcoin.com,
Denial: This article is for information only. It is not a direct offer or invitation to buy or sell, nor is it a recommendation or endorsement of a product, service or company. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author shall be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services referred to in this article.
ethereum price predictions,bitcoin price,ethereum news,ethereum price 2021,ethereum new all-time high,bitcoin all-time high,ethereum new high,ethereum price usd